This policy is updated periodically and complies with data protection law. The latest version is published on this page and was updated on 10.05.18.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email: email@example.com or write to: SDC, Perkin House, Longlands Street, Bradford BD1 2LU, United Kingdom.
The SDC gathers and uses certain information about individuals to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
The SDC also collects information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
The SDC may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address, telephone, mailing address
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interest
• Website usage data
• Other information pertaining to surveys
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the SDC, enabling us to deliver improved services and products.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the services and products we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customise the website for you
• To send you promotional emails or mailings about services, events, products and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
For more information, please see our Fair Processing Notice which explains how we use your personal data, describes the categories of personal data we process and for what purposes.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us to improve the website structure, design, content and functions
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content and the other 50% a different piece of content
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functionality you use previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will in the future see a tick box allowing you to:
• Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
In the future if you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily via one of these methods:
• Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings
• Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Write to us at: SDC, Perkin House, Longlands Street, Bradford BD1 2LU, United Kingdom.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties.
Any personal information about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the SDC domain. If you provide information to a website which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
SDC Enterprises offers a comprehensive range of consumables for enhanced accuracy in BS, EN and ISO test procedures for textiles. Internationally-recognised as the industry leader, SDCE is specified by name by retailers worldwide seeking the assurance of reliability and consistency in textile testing.
AATCC is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals. AATCC provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for thousands of members in 60 countries throughout the world.
These goals are achieved through the activities of three interest groups—Chemical Applications, Concept 2 Consumer®, and Materials—by Committee and Section activities, and through the award-winning publications, AATCC Review and AATCC News.
We can provide both individual, company and university based subscriptions for the Colour Index™. Companies benefit from a reduced per user pricing structure with significant discounts available for Universities / Educational Establishments which come as part of the charitable activities of the Society of Dyers and Colourists (SDC) sdc.org.uk, to help students, researchers and anyone involved in the education of colour.